In our 20 years of teaching first aid classes we have come across some amazing people. Here are some of their life saving stories.
first aid Lethbridge
While at a restaurant, Wacey's 8 year old son began to choke on a piece of steak that obstructed his airway. Jumping into action, he began doing abdominal thrusts and after the 6 thrust he successfully cleared the airway, saving his son’s life!
Dave was involved in a car accident where a person began to have an epileptic seizure. The lady who had the seizure ending up breaking her neck which caused her to stop breathing. Dave crawled into the car and stabilized her neck for 20 minutes, which enabled her to breath again. He held her in place until the paramedics took over, saving her life!
During a quadding trip, one of Rod’s friends began to choke on a piece of beef jerky that he had eaten. Seeing this, Rod stepped in and did two minutes of abdominal thrusts and back blows, which successfully dislodged the obstruction and saved his life!
Noticing one of her grade two students was choking, Lee sprung into action performing abdominal thrusts on the student. Her quick thinking ended up saving the student’s life!